1.7 Liza Jane Play Along and Example Solo 1: 2-Bar Trades
Practice playing the song along with the band! The arrangement is:
- 4 beats of count-in
- 8 bars of intro (you play or sing the bass line)
- 16 bars of the verse melody (play/sing along)
- 16 bars of the chorus melody (play/sing along with the whole thing or just the "Little Liza Jane" response)
- 16 bars listening: Nick and Chris trade two-bar improvised solos
- After you've heard how they improvise in this section, you can play the song again as many times as you like to learn some of the vocabulary they use and sing or play along.
- 16 bars chorus melody including a 4 bar ritard at the end (play/sing along with the whole thing or just the "Little Liza Jane" response)
When you're comfortable playing along with some of Nick and Chris's solo ideas, complete and continue to create your own.