1.5 Liza Jane Bassline and Melody - Play with the band
Now that you're comfortable playing the bass line and melody along with Chris, try playing it on your own along with the band!
- 4 beats of count-in
- 8 bars of intro (you play or sing the bass line)
- 16 bars of the verse melody (play/sing along)
- 16 bars of the chorus melody (play/sing along with the whole thing or just the "Little Liza Jane" response)
If you feel comfortable playing the bass line and melody with the band, record yourself to see how it sounds.
Watch the video and ask yourself the following questions:
1) Does it sound like the pitches I'm playing for the bass line and melody are the same as in the performance?
2) Does it sound like the rhythms I'm playing for the bass line and melody are the same as in the performance?
When you can comfortably answer "yes" to both of these questions, complete and continue.